Felipe Uribe, M.Sc.
Phone: +49 89 289 23017
Office hours: by arrangement
- Since 2016 Ph.D. student at the Engineering Risk Analysis Group, Technische Universität München
- 2012-2015 M.Eng. in Industrial Automation, Universidad Nacional de Colombia at Manizales
- 2007-2011 B.Eng. in Civil Engineering, Universidad Nacional de Colombia at Manizales
- Bayesian inference of engineering models with spatially variable properties
- Hierarchical Bayesian inference applied to random fields
- Updating of rare event probabilities
- S18: Teaching assistant for the "Advanced Stochastic Finite Element Methods" course, TUM
- W16/17, W17/18: Teaching assistant for the "Structural Reliability" course, TUM
- I-2016: Lecturer of the courses "Numerical Methods Applied to Civil Engineering" and "Structural Reliability", Universidad Nacional de Colombia at Manizales
- Master thesis: Junyi Jiang (2018) - Traditional and approximate Bayesian computations with applications to random fields
- Study project: Alexander von Ramm (2018) - Submodel selection in hydrological modeling: a Bayesian approach
- Master thesis: Matthias Willer (2017) - Subset simulation and moving particles methods for reliability analysis
- Diego A. Alvarez, Felipe Uribe, Jorge E. Hurtado (2018). Estimation of the lower and upper bounds on the probability of failure using subset simulation and random set theory. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing. 100, 782-801.
- Felipe Uribe, Iason Papaioannou, Wolfgang Betz, Daniel Straub (2018). Assessment of the Karhunen-Loève expansion for Bayesian reliability updating with random fields. 89th Annual Scientific Conference of the International Association of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (GAMM 2018). Munich, Germany.
- Felipe Uribe, Iason Papaioannou, Wolfgang Betz, Daniel Straub (2017). Transdimensional MCMC algorithms for Bayesian inference of random fields. Frontiers of Uncertainty Quantification in Engineering (FRONTUQ 2017). Munich, Germany.
- Felipe Uribe, Iason Papaioannou, Wolfgang Betz, Elisabeth Ullmann, Daniel Straub (2017). Random fields in Bayesian inference: effects of the random field discretization. 12th International Conference on Structural Safety & Reliability (ICOSSAR 2017). Vienna, Austria.
- Felipe Uribe, Iason Papaioannou, Wolfgang Betz, Jonas Latz, Daniel Straub (2017). Bayesian model inference of random fields represented with the Karhunen-Loève expansion. International Conference on Uncertainty Quantification in Computational Sciences and Engineering (UNCECOMP 2017). Rhodes, Greece.
- Felipe Uribe, Diego A. Alvarez, Jorge E. Hurtado, Bryan Chalarca, Daniel Bedoya-Ruíz (2015). Hysteresis parameter identification and reliability assessment of ferrocement walls. 11th International Symposium on Ferrocement (FERRO11) and the 3rd International Conference on Textile Reinforced Concrete (ICTRC). Aachen, Germany.
- Bryan Chalarca, Daniel Bedoya-Ruíz, Felipe Uribe, Diego A. Alvarez, Jorge E. Hurtado (2015). Strength assessment of sandwich-type ferrocement structural walls under cyclic loading. 11th International Symposium on Ferrocement (FERRO11) and the 3rd International Conference on Textile Reinforced Concrete (ICTRC). Aachen, Germany.
- Diego A. Alvarez, Jorge E. Hurtado, Felipe Uribe (2014). Estimation of the lower and upper probabilities of failure using random sets and subset simulation. 2nd International Conference on Vulnerability and Risk Analysis and Management (ICVRAM) and the 6th International Symposium on Uncertainty Modeling and Analysis (ISUMA). Liverpool, United Kingdom.
- Felipe Uribe, Gilberto A. Ortiz, Diego A. Alvarez, Daniel Bedoya-Ruiz (2014). Nonlinear modeling and fragility analysis of ferrocement structures. 7th International Conference on Computational Stochastic Mechanics (CSM7). Santorini, Greece.
Theses and Final Works
- Felipe Uribe (2015). Probabilistic analysis of structures using stochastic finite elements. Advisors: Dr. Diego A. Alvarez and Dr. Daniel Bedoya-Ruiz. Universidad Nacional de Colombia at Manizales. Master thesis in Industrial Automation. www.bdigital.unal.edu.co/51037/
- Felipe Uribe (2011). Implementation of simulation methods in structural reliability. Adviser: Prof. Dr. Techn. Diego A. Alvarez. Universidad Nacional de Colombia at Manizales. Final work in Civil Engineering (Best work in Civil Engineering). www.bdigital.unal.edu.co/6921/