Hyun-Joong Kim, Dr.-Ing.
Phone: +49 89 289 23053
Office hours: by arrangement
- since 2015 (Summer) | Research Assistant (Post-Doc.) at the Engineering Risk Analysis Group, Technische Universität München
- 2015 (Spring) | Senior Researcher at Korea Bridge Design & Engineering Research Center, Seoul National University, Korea
- 2009-2015 | Ph.D. in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Seoul National University, Korea
- 2007-2009 | M. Sc. in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Seoul National University, Korea
- 2003-2007 | Diploma Civil, Urban and Geo-system Engineering, Seoul National University, Korea
- Finite element model updating incorporating measurement uncertainty
- Assessment of structural condition
- Risk analysis of ship collision
- Development of reliability-based bridge design code
- Structural health monitoring and operational modal analysis
- 2015 | Part-time Lecturer, Civil engineering design and CAD (SS), Seoul National University, Korea
- 2014 | Part-time Lecturer, Advanced Engineering Mathematics (SS), Hankyong National University, Korea
Kim, H. J., & Koh, H. M. (2015). Probabilistic condition assessment of structures by multiple FE model identification considering measured data uncertainty. SMART STRUCTURES AND SYSTEMS, 15(3), 751-767.
Kim, H. J., Kim, H. K., & Park, J. Y. (2013). Reliability-based evaluation of load carrying capacity for a composite box girder bridge. KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, 17(3), 575-583.
Kim, H. J., Koh, H.-M. and Kim, C.-Y. (2015). Probabilistic assessment of bridge condition considering measurement data uncertainty, Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Structural Health Monitoring of Intelligent Infrastructure, Turin, Italy, July.
Koh, H.-M., Kim, H. J., Park, W. and Kim, C.-Y. (2014). Performance evaluation of a steel box girder bridge using load distribution factor from operational monitoring data, Proceedings of 9th International Conference on Short and Medium Span Bridges, Calgary, Canada, July.
Kim, H. J., Park, W. and Koh, H.-M. (2014). Probabilistic performance assessment of highway bridges using operational monitoring data, Proceedings of the 37th IABSE Symposium, 102(9), 2650-2657, International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering, Madrid, Spain, September.
Kim, H. J., Kim, H.-K., Park, J., Koh, H.-M. and Cho, J.-Y. (2013). Estimation of load distribution factor for girder bridges from ambient vibration data using clustering technique, Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Structural Health Monitoring of Intelligent Infrastructure, Hong Kong, December.
Kim, H. J., Park, W., Koh, H.-M., and Choo, J. F. (2013). Identification of Structural Performance of a Steel-Box Girder Bridge Using Machine Learning Technique, Proceedings of the IABSE Conference, International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering, 99(12), 1313-1320, Rotterdam, The Netherland, May.
Kim, H. J., Park, W., Lim, J., Lee, J. K. and Koh, H.-M (2012). Probability model estimation of aberrant vessel trajectory using VTS data, Proceedings of 18th IABSE Congress, Seoul, Korea, September.
Kim, H. J., Lim, J., Park, W. and Koh, H.-M. (2011). Risk assessment of dolphin protected bridge pier considering collision point analysis, Proceedings of the 29th IMAC – A Conference on Structural Dynamics, the Society for Experimental Mechanics, Florida, USA, February.